Monday, September 5, 2011

Laughing...what a joy!

Every morning when I return home after school drop off or shopping, one of my 3 cats, Kovu, waits in the driveway for me. As I open the electric gate and reverse into my carport, he runs around the side of the house, jumps into the window and sits in the sitting room waiting, as if he was there all the time.

Today was the same, however, there was a twist that had me laughing hysterically.
As I reversed in, the dog from next door who was running on the road, ran into my yard. I stopped the car, jumped out wanting to chase him out the gate again. But he was nowhere to be found.

I then realised that he had jumped over the wall back into his own yard, but not before I scanned the area looking for him.

Whilst scanning, something in the tree caught my eye. It was very bushy with a wide tail and it was clinging with all fours wrapped around the tree trunk. My first thoughts were, it's a fuzzy squirrel. Then the fuzzy animal turned its head to look down, eyes huge and white. That is when I realised what or rather, who it was.

It was my Kovu who had obviously run out of the way of the dog and straight up the tree...in the dogs yard.

He looked so funny and I could not stop laughing as I thought what his thoughts must have been when he saw that dog charging towards him. He would not have known that the dog was running away from me, probably in fear too.

When I eventually unlocked the security gates and front door, low and behold, guess who was lying there as if nothing had happened, my funny fuzzy Kovu.

For the laugh I had and the joy I felt whilst laughing, I give thanks to my Lord, the Creator of me and my emotions.

Laughing is good medicine and something I recommend that everyone endure on a daily basis.

Psalm 100: 1-3
1 Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! 2 Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. 3 Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment