Saturday, April 13, 2013

What and who is on Facebook?

Facebook to me, has meant a place to share family events that revolve around positive attributes of love, happiness, and all the joys of family life. It serves as a platform for me to share prayer needs, together with the Living Truths of the God I believe in and follow.
I 'dislike' it when users post their dirty laundry, or use it as a place to slander, or expose the privacy of others without consent, and everything else that is negatively destructive.  I find all this distasteful and unnecessary. A site called something negative like "Face Off', should be created for people who partake in negative and soul destroying interaction.

It is a networking site I joined, believing to be clean and safe from the painstaking claws of evils that want to consume as many souls as it can to join in its own fate of the eternal, rancid and, deathly fiery darkness it is consumed by. I believed it was safe from evil forces that so desperately want to pry into the innocence of naivety, into the safe boundaries set by parents for their children, into the hearts of those pursuing the path of all that is clean, safe and pure.

However, curiosity on how safe this site is, revealed pages that have changed my perception of ‘family networking site’ to one of ‘unsafe networking site’. I typed key words into search, and absolutely revolting, sexually explicit pages were revealed! Nothing is censored, and not a lot left to the imagination!

The question I ask now is, “What kind of networking site has Facebook become? Will appropriate action be taken, and where will the line be drawn”?

I will continue to promote all that I believe in on Facebook, but, I think it necessary for us to band together and shun all that should not be there. All that adult entertainment stuff, all that smut that is for free to all. Let's stand in and effort to help those whose curiosity will drag them down to the pits of eternal death, be safe from the wrath of sin.
Please join me in lots of posts to the 'Facebook' team page, where complaints can be made about what and who should be on the supposed family networking site.

No comments:

Post a Comment