Thursday, January 30, 2020

Sudden Death!
In Zimbabwe when I was about 26, I was driving towards a traffic light in the pouring rain. My vision was poor so I had to reduce my speed for safety precautions.

It was a two-way street, and it handled all the big truck (container carriers) traffic (we don’t have highways in Zimbabwe, the biggest is dual carriageways).

I was doing about 50 km and was slowing down as the lights were red for me. A huge truck, going in the opposite direction, passed on my right, and a little boy ran from behind the truck right in front of me. I swerved to my left, away from oncoming traffic to try avoiding him, but he ran into my swerve and I hit him. It happened so fast. My bumper hit his head and he died instantly. He was 7 years old and was on his way home from school. His mom was a single parent.

There was no charge; it was recorded as an unavoidable sudden death. It was clearly not my fault but an incident that still haunts me, especially when I think of his grieving mother, God be with her.

Lord Jesus, I pray for this boys mother and any other parent who has lost a child so young. Comfort them Lord, and allow them to know that with You, there is peace for their little ones, and a free gift of eternal life with you in Your Kingdom, in your name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment